Signup Forums Filmmaking Is it okay for a married man/woman to kiss another in a scene? Reply To: Is it okay for a married man/woman to kiss another in a scene?

• Ducon Williams

May 5, 2020 at 4:57 pm

@meggiejenny Really enjoyed reading about how you’ve handled this and the wisdom that you’ve applied. My wife and I studied the origin of a kiss and found that fathers used to perform the marriage ceremonies for their daughters, and men were not allowed to kiss the girl until the father, at the ceremony, granted permission with the words, “You may now kiss the bride.” It was only after they had made their verbal covenants that he would grant that permission to the man, and the “kiss” was symbolism for the sealing of that covenant. My wife and I had our first ever kiss at our wedding, and it has always felt right to us to honor each other with our lips by not kissing another person’s lips for any reason.

But I completely agree with your first statement, especially, Meggie. Honoring our Lord and spouse should come first, in my opinion, but I would never fault any actor/actress who felt that it was OK to do it.